Wednesday 17 September 2014

Is SIMI Planning To Rule X3M?



I lifted this photo from twitter. It’s the poster for industry night with X3M music. The record label that is home to PRAIZ and very recently, SIMI and SAMMY.

I know I’m speculating right here, but to me, there is more to this seemingly simple poster than meets the eye.  Sure, it’s just a poster for an event, and SIMI being the only female in the lineup makes photographic sense to be positioned where she is in the photo.


But look again. There’s something about her that suggests; “I’m here and I’m the boss of y’all”
 I understand the images were all merged together, but they are placed in a way that suggests SIMI is the main act and the others are back-up singers.

Could this be a prediction of what’s going to happen at X3M? On social media, SIMI is the more visible of the three. Yes PRAIZ has more followers and his MTN gig, but anyone observing would quickly notice that SIMI is more engaging on social media and has a growing loyal fan base.


Well…as a social media observer, I wait to see what happens and I’ll be here when you all come back to say… “and you said it oo!”

No comments:

Post a Comment